· WAN Awards, 1st Place in Performing Spaces. London, 2015.
· A’Design Award, Gold Medal in Architecture, Building and Structure Design. Italy, 2015.
· Noldi Schreck Award, 1st Place in Institutional Architecture. Mexico, 2014.
· Architizer A+awards, Finalist in Theatres and Performing Arts Centers. United States, 2013.
· Iberoamerican Architecture and Interiors Award, 1st Place. Mexico, 2013.
· Iberoamerican CIDI Award, Cultural/ Commercial Emblematic Work of the Year. Mexico 2013.
· Architectural Digest, 1st place in Design Icons. Mexico, 2012.
· CNN Expansion, Building of the Year Award. Mexico, 2012.
· Obras 40th Anniversary, Work of the Year in Buildings Award. Mexico, 2012.
Inspired in the movement of a conducting baton, the building design is composed of 5 concrete roofs moving up and down in harmony to give shape, space and light to the project. Each roof represents the lines of a pentagram, always straight, constant and parallel. We are looking forward to create a project that lives for the trees as the trees will live as a part of it, we cannot think about a dark and traditional hall when the project is being developed in such a beautiful forest located in Coyoacán, Mexico, a unique place that has to be exploited in a good sense. The volume opens and closes as tree branches with the wind, letting the sun rays pass through , creating a fantasy parade in the middle of the shadow´s mystery.
Partner in charge:
Gerardo Broissin, David Suárez
Alejandro Rocha, Enrique Guillén, Luis Muñoz, Elizabeth Ríos, Juan Vargas, Adrián Téllez, Pamela Moreno, Alejandro Castro, José Durán
Paul Czitrom, Paul Rivera, Alexandre d'la Roche
Mexico City, Mexico